Kickin’ it with the Cows Run/Walk
- Distance: 1-mile walk, 5k or 10k distance
- When: Saturday, July 8 7:30 a.m.
- Where: Voyageur Park, De Pere WI
- To see the 5K and 10 routes, please click here.
- To see parking lots for participants, volunteers and vendors, please click here.
Help support Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin in Dairy Cares “Kickin’ It with the Cows” Run/Walk along the Fox River. This is an inaugural event.
Run or walk the 5K or 10K along the scenic Fox River. The Course starts at Voyageur Park, then quickly onto the Fox River Trail and crosses the DePere Bridge on the mighty Fox River. It goes through St. Norbert’s College Campus then back to the park incorporating the Fox River Pier for a beautiful panoramic view.
The 10k continues down Lost Dauphin Road and winds through the new St. Norbert’s Football Stadium and then back to Voyageur Park. Flat fast course. All miles will be marked and turns will be well marked. Plenty of water stations along the course.
Cows will be at the finish where you can stop mooving and they can do the mooing. This is a chip-timed event. Performance moisture wicking shirt (Click here to see the shirt size chart) will be provided for each participant. Plenty of food at the end too. Awards to the overall winners and in separate age groups.
Come support a great cause and potentially set a PR on a fun course. Proceeds benefit Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
Event details and schedule:
- Packet pick up Friday Night (July 7th) 4:00pm-6:00pm and on race day (July 8th) in Voyageur Park at 6:30 a.m. – 7:15 a.m.
- Pre-Race fee is $30 with a group rate of 3 or more for $25 (thru July 5th) and children 11 and under $15 (thru July 5th). Note: Children may be included as 1 of 3 participants to receive group rate. Your child may sign-up for a team at the end of their registration process.
- Parking maps are available by clicking here.
- Click here for Manual Registration Form.
- Kickin’ It with the Cows starts promptly at 7:30 a.m.
- To see the route map, please click here.
- Strollers and dogs welcome (Note: If kids are in a stroller there is no need to register them, but shirts will not be provided.)
- Free parking available throughout downtown De Pere, but will be limited in the park due to growing size of the event. Get here early to make sure you’re all set to go at 7:30am. We’ll have great music and sites to enjoy while you warm up.
- Photo opportunities with cows and goats at the finish line provide by FocalFlame of Madison.
- Plan to stick around after you finish for Food, Drink, Ice Cream, Ballon Animals, Face Painting, and Live Music by Noah John and the Ringing Iron BlueGrass Band.
- Race timing professionally provided! (Note: 1-Mile Walk is not timed.)
- Questions? Looking to volunteer? Looking to volunteer? Contact Mike Kuehl at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.
- And a quick disclaimer: “Children under 5 years old, the elderly, pregnant women, and immunocompromised persons have a higher risk for serious infections and should observe heightened precaution. Such persons should weigh the risks for contact with farm animals. Children under 5 years old should be supervised closely by adults, with precautions strictly enforced.”